Bulls Prep Caps Off Four-Year Title Run with Comeback Victory
Exelon Gynasium, Chicago, IL - When you haven't lost a conference game in three years and have the reigning NAC player of the year on the floor, an early ten point deficit doesn't phase you. Poise was a key word in Bulls Prep 41-29 triumph over an energized Golder squad. Golder rocketed to a 17-7 start in front of a near capacity crowd at Exelon Gymnasium, adding drama to an already special night.
Bulls Prep - 2016 NAC Girls Basketball Champions
"We knew Golder was ready to play and they were going to come out strong." said Bulls Prep Head Coach Roberto Rosado. "We had to weather the storm. We had to slow down the tempo, keep the intensity up, and step up our defense, which we were able to do in the 2nd quarter. We were able to stay poised because we have been here before."
The reighning NAC player of the year - senior guard Shonta Lockett - was a major reason for the team's poise. After a slow start, Lockett scored 10 second quarter points to help Bulls Prep take a lead into halftime. "She's been a team leader since the day she put on our uniform and has been a coach on the floor," said Rosado of Lockett. "It's been a privilege to coach her." Lockett finished with a game high 24 points.
Bulls Prep's Jessica Rodriguez locks in on Golder's Katara Jackson.
Rosado prouldy reflected on the 2015-16 Bulls Prep team. "This year's championship season was special because we were challenged in every game. We played as a team. We trusted and depended on one another more. Our girls picked each other up throughout the season and this was no different."
Bulls Prep now stands at 21-4 overall, and 13-0 in NAC regular season games. The 2016 title marks their 4th straight NAC Girls basketball championship.
Bulls Prep leads the NAC with 23 titles in all sports.
- 2016-17 Standings
- 2015-16 Standings (coming soon)
- All-NAC Teams
- 2015-16 All-NAC Teams
- 2015 All-NAC Academic Team (Boys Soccer)
- 2015 All-NAC Team (Fall Sports)
- 2015 All-NAC Academic Team (Football)
- 2015 All-NAC Academic Team (Girls Rugby)
- 2015 All-NAC Academic Team (Volleyball)
- 2015-16 All-NAC Academic Team (Varsity Basketball)
- 2015-16 All-NAC Team (Varsity Basketball)
- 2016 All-NAC Academic Team (Spring Sports)
- 2016 All-NAC Team (Spring Sports)
- 2016-17 All-NAC Teams
- 2015-16 All-NAC Teams
- State Champions
- Regional Champions
- NAC Champions
- NAC in the News
- NAC Highlight Videos
- NobleFit Videos
- NAC Facebook
- NAC Twitter
- Article Archives
- 1985 Superbowl Champs Visit Rowe-Clark
- 2015 Fall Sports All-NAC Teams
- 2016 NAC Cheerleading Championship
- Bulls Prep Aims for 4th Straight NAC Title vs Golder
- Bulls Prep Caps Four-Year Title Run with Comeback Victory
- Bulls Prep Defeat Pritzker for Softball Championship in Instant Classic
- Butler Holds Off Bulls Prep to Win 1st NAC Championship
- Golder Complete Undefeated Season with Win Over Muchin in NAC Boys Rugby Championship
- NAC Track & Field Championships
- Pritzker Claims 3rd Straight Cheerleading Title
- Pritzker Repeat As Varsity Girls Soccer Champions
- Rauner Show Poise and Discipline in Defeating UIC For NAC Baseball Championship
- Student Resources
- College-Bound Student-Athletes
- College Scholarships
- Academic Calendar
- PowerSchool Log-In
- Staff/Referee Home
- Referee Log
- Staff Directory
- Professional Development
- Internal Office